Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dreams


Little Lu is one of the luckiest little girls in the world.  She now has her own very special Dream Catcher!  Our friend, Hanner Keyser, has been in Ecuador for the last 7 months and she made it for Lucia from remnants she found on the beach- shells, vine, and other pretty beach things spun together to help Lu's dreams come true!  Thank you Hanni- its soooo beautiful!
beautiful dream catcher

Lu's nursery w/ her dream catcher up
high in the corner so it can catch dreams!
On Thursday we were out n about and I decided it was a good time to go meet someone special, and introduce this special someone to Lucia.  Melissa Borders works just around the corner from where we live and we have a very unique connection.  Almost 18 years ago, when Melissa was just 22, she gave birth to a little girl named Jessica.  Jessica was diagnosed with PKS shortly after birth-one of the only in the country at the time.   Jason found out about the Borders through PKS Kids and they are the only other family in Colorado that we know of...  We have talked to Melissa a few times about getting together and it hadn't happened so, knowing that she worked less a mile away, I decided to just pop in and say hi and give her a hug-I wanted a hug from her..   I probably should have called, I could tell that the memories came flooding back for her...but she was soooo nice and wanted to hold Lucia right away, the whole time we were there.   Earlier in the week, I was on a walk with the dogs and Lucia, and we passed a man doing work on a nearby store.  We started talking for a bit, while my dogs were sniffing, and he told me about his 2 big dogs and his active 3 kids.  Not knowing anything special about my family he looked at the stroller and said, "this is the easiest it gets, enjoy it".   I think Melissa felt that way when she saw Lu.  So small, so sweet, just a baby being a baby.... we can carry her around and love her and feed her and comfort her- its easy and its awesome.   Jessica is now almost 18 and obviously much bigger and Melissa recently made the extremely difficult decision to have Jessica move in with her ex-husband, Jessica's dad, "she is just too big for me to carry and take care of".  It is obvious how much she loves her Jess from the bit we know about her..she sees her a lot and can't imagine her life any different, but it is different.  As Melissa said, "she is so pure, these kids are so pure".   Jason and I have plans to meet Jessica with her mom and dad on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I'm so excited and honestly scared, I hate that I'm scared.  We know all these kids are on their own path but we just don't know.
We do know that we have dreams for Lucia and I'm sure Melissa still has dreams for Jessica, and we have no idea what dreams may come.  But we will do our best to capture those dreams in Lucia's new dream catcher, and continue to pray and add prayers to her prayer box...  We have been given a pure little angel, and that in itself is a dream come true!!!
taken last week- Jessica and her sweet younger brother Nick
Thank you again Hanni for the nice gift, we are very glad you are home!  Thank you for more Lucia Light T-Shirt purchases- Kristi Spinell Braskett, Katy Wafaie, Keri Burnette, Candace Richter, Melissa Scheidt Scofield and my sister in law, Courtney Weissensee!  Over 150 t-shirts sold!!! which means over $1500 to PKS Kids!  THANK YOU!
Thank you also to Maura for making more peas for gifts- soon to be available online with proceeds going to PKS Kids!  Peas, Tees and more coming soon!

May all YOUR dreams come true!
Love,
Little Lu



2 comments:

Gretchen said...

This pic of Lu is so gorgeous! What are "Peas"?

xo

Diana said...

Another great post. My emotions are so raw today. I took Lexi to get her blood draw for her genetics testing. I got in the car and cried so hard not know what sort of diagnosis may be on the way. I can understand the feeling of being scared to meet Jessica, I am scared to find out our diagnosis and what it may mean for the girls futures. Today, I am trying ever so difficult as it may be to focus on today.