Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Dylan

It's been a little while since I've written on Lucia's blog.  I have wanted to write, to say I'm sorry, to say how sad we are, but I also was a bit speechless.  Our new friend, the one with the PKS child, that found Lucia's blog, and wrote to us about hope, they lost their son.  Dylan was just a little over a month old and he lost his fight with Pallister-Killian Syndrome.  I know that PKS has many, many complications, from head to toe, but I honestly forget sometimes, how lucky we are that Lucia is, at this moment,  so healthy and happy.
I was strolling Lucia and walking our dogs when I received the email from Dylan's mom, Amy Beaton.  I was shocked, speechless, sad, even mad at myself for thinking that everything would be ok with their son.    I'm not sure what he exactly passed from but I just didn't expect it.  When I saw Dylan's picture he looked so much like our Lu at that age, so angelic, so beautiful.
We are so sorry Beaton family, from the bottom of our hearts.
Dylan Andrew Beaton

Lucia has been cruising along so far this New Year and no news is good news.  I would like to say congratulations to a good friend on the birth of their 3rd daughter this weekend! Jennifer Goggin Welch was a dear friend and roommate in college and although she now lives in Hong Kong with her family, she has been an amazing friend and support since learning of our Lu.  Thank you Jenni for your friendship, your words of encouragement, your most generous donation to PKS Kids and for all you are.  I love you Jenni!
The Welch Family w/ 1 daughter...now a family of 5!

Mario, we are sorry for the loss of your close family, Janie, although she beat the odds and put up such a fight, it just didn't seem long enough.
Giacomo, Giacomo, where for art thou, Giacomo! Our family is so proud of your latest accomplishment of STANDING unassisted! Although Giacomo and Lucia are less than 2 years old, they are deeply in love, and one day, I know they will tie the knot, be it in the USA or Italy..  I can visualize Lucia's strong husband by her side...no joke!!!
Giacomo from Italy standing!
This week we also saw a video of a sweet PKS girl saying 'I love mama' to her mama for the first time at age 7- a DREAM come true to hear your child say those words!

We are forever praying for health & happiness for Lucia and her friends...and we are so proud of many accomplishments-big and small-they bring us so much joy.

Beatons, We can not begin to imagine what you are going through and pray for peace for your family.

Love,
The Dawkins

3 comments:

Laura said...

I pray for peace and comfort for the Beatons.

Lots of love to Lu and all her friends!

Gretchen said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't know of this family--I'm glad they were in touch with you. xo

amy said...

Thank-you Juliet, we are going day by day. We miss our little Dylan terribly. I hope for all our PKS families that your little ones are well. I wish one day for all of us that more information will be known. So very sad and it was sudden. We had " welcome to Holland ' read at his funeral, it just seemed right ..he was special and will always be part of us.
Hug your little ones a little tighter and keep up the amazing work , please.
Love the Beaton family