Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Lucia Speaks!

For the past week, I've struggled as to whether or not to tell this story. It is just too unreal.  Too amazing.  I've been hoping I'd get more evidence to support my wild imagination or maybe it was just too good to be true.  Anyhow, here it is.....  

Poor Candy, she had a back ache and didn't want Lu to leave her. 
Last week, Mario "Babo" took the whole family to dinner at White Fence Farms.   A funny little place with a petting zoo that the girls really enjoyed.   We were a bit nervous to go as Candy seemed to have hurt her back and was struggling to walk around the house.   We decided to go anyhow hoping that Candy would get some rest while we were gone.   After a huge chicken dinner and massive accident in Scout's pants, we packed up the girls and headed home.  We pulled into the garage and Jules started unbuckling Scout from her car seat and I ran into the house to check on Candy.   Jules and Scout soon followed me in and we all gave the dogs a little love.   Then I realized I had left Lucia in the van!
Scout, you seem to be walking a little funny. 
It was only a minute or two but I sprinted to the garage to rescue our little girl.   I opened the rear door and started pulling the ramp down.  Then it happened as clear as day.  At first I thought Scout had escaped, followed me to the garage and started to call my name.  "DAD.......DAAAD, DAAAAD!!!!"   I looked for Scout and couldn't figure out how she got in the van.  Then I realized what was happening.  Lucia was calling my name!!!   She sounded EXACTLY like Scout.  I opened the side door and looked at Lu.  She looked me right in the eye and gave me another, "DAD!"

All I could think to say (or scream) was "Say it again Lu! Say it again Lu!!!"  I unhitched her wheel chair as quickly as I could and rushed her into the house.   "Lu say it again for mom, say it again!"  Well, she didn't.... I explained to Jules what had just happened and she just started laughing.....and laughing with tears....and laughing.  It was so great.

I've been thinking about this everyday (almost all day) since then.   She knows who I am!  Was she really looking for me?  Was she scared that we left her in the van?  If she can say Dad, what will she say next?  What does she think about as she clasps her little hands together listening to all we have to say and do?  "DAD", it was just perfect.  So much intent, so much concern in her little voice.   Out of no where, from a girl who almost never makes a peep.  

Man oh man, what I would do to hear her call my name again.  Her silence and her little cries and sweet noises.  We love her sweet voice, but words?  Incomprehensible!!

Nothing better!!

Happy Easter!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crying like a baby out of pure happiness! Wish I was there for that moment! Auntie Ash

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Another miracle! Tears streaming down my cheeks as I take this all in! I know we will see many more, but we will savor every one as a precious gift from God ! Our Birdie speaks to her Dad! Nothing better Jase!!!
Birdie is a special little girl who will continue to surprise us at the most unexpected ways! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ™πŸŒŸ
Love and Hugs! GrammyπŸ™‹πŸ˜˜πŸ’πŸ’–

Unknown said...

Amazing! It was so sweet I will refrain from calling child services, hehe!