Thursday, September 22, 2011

GIRLS!

GIRLS ROCK!  Lucia and I just got home from her party, Stella and Dot!  I can't begin to say how much fun it was and amazing to see all the girls that attended- THANK YOU so much to Kirsten Vali for our fun gifts, and organizing such a special party for Lucia and PKS. I loved visiting with friends I had not seen in a while, with friends of friends that I had not met,  and I LOVED watching the girls meet and interact with Lu!  During the party, I was talking to a friend a few feet from Lucia when her feeding ended and her g-button machine started beeping (her g-tube is attached to a little machine and we program it for the time and amount-it beeps when its finished).  I looked over,  about to go over and help, but there were at least five girls surrounding Lucia, working on getting it done.  My heart melted for not Lucia this time, but my friends, loving and helping Lu.  As Jason said in his first blog entry, 'little lu has already brought out the best in us"....  I'll never forget that special scene.

Thank you again friends for showing me how lucky I am.  NO DOUBT Lucia felt the love around her tonight!

This week we also had another treat!  Wednesday we got the 'go ahead' to give Lucia a bit of yogurt!  So Jason and I fed our little girl, with a silver spoon, and cheered and smiled and carefully spoon fed our Lu.  Although it was small portion, two tiny teaspoons, it filled us to the brim with pure joy!  However, Lucia showed signs of possible aspiration/reflux later that night, so her pulminologist Margarita,  advised us to wait a few days, try it again and see how it goes.  She may not be ready, or maybe she just go a touch of a 'cold' on the same day...

Thank you Elizabeth Sheppard Kent (so nice to see your name), Leah Kirk, Anna Sugarman, my mom, Becca Reichenberg and Ginny Kullman for your online jewelry purchases.  Thank you Erica Abrams Cleary, Denise Castillo Dellisola (how are you Denise?!) and Dawn Sierens for your generous donations to PKS Kids!

I LOVE ALL THE SPECIAL GIRLS IN OUR LIVES!  GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!!!  SIMPLY THE BEST!  XOXOXOXO

Stella and Dot Party-some of the shoppers
Lu's mom, Elyse, Maryann,Amanda,Stacy,Lisa and the hostess, Kirsten Vali! 

No comments: