Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cute as a button!



After a nice, long holiday weekend Lu had a doctors appointment to get her button/feeding tube changed for the first time since she had it 'installed, put in place...put in'.   She is supposed to have it changed every 3 months.   We have come a LONG way since she got her button on May 31st.  I never thought I could watch the full 'changing of the button' but it was no-thing, easy breezy!   I also realize how far we've come after spending the night at Jason's mom's house and explaining "Little Lu's Instructions".  Jason and I are going up to the mountains for our friends wedding on Saturday night,  so Lu will be having her first sleepover without me, at Nannie's, AKA Jason's moms, Linda and Mario's house.   Linda has been eagerly asking to watch Lucia so we can have some time together - dinners, daytime, nighttime... so when we received the invitation, I still hesitated a bit to ask, but she couldn't have offered faster to take care of Lu overnight.   The truth is, I just haven't had the desire to be without the little lady...but the longer you wait the harder it will be, they say....

So, last night we had a dress rehearsal.  Jason and I loaded up the car with her oxygen, food, stands, a few other various devices, Little Lu, our two dogs, and off we went for a BBQ and sleepover in Cherry Hills.   Lu and I stayed, dogs and dad went home.

Lucia doesn't seem too complicated 3 months into her medical routine, but we've come a long way..I must say!  As I was explaining all the instructions/details to Linda (which went on for a very long time), I would look up every so often to see if it was too much and ask, "is this OK? are you sure?" Linda never once seemed overwhelmed or worried, in fact, she couldn't have been more enthusiastic, excited, and focused!

The night went well- Lu and I slept in the spare bedroom until 8AM and when we awoke-Linda was pacing outside the hall just bursting to greet her granddaughter- so cute!  I know she'll be in great hands this Saturday.

New button on little Lu and her first sleepover!  Our girl is growing up!

Thank you Linda and Mario for being so comforting and excited to watch Lu!  Its only 85 hours and 30 minutes until we drop her off ...eeeee...I'm missing her already..

Love,
Lu and her new button on her belly, Lu and her cute button nose and well- she's just cute as a button (whatever that really means) she's very cute!

Laid back Lucia showing off her new button!

3 comments:

Tonya McCabe said...

CUTER than a button....that's for sure!!!! I'm excited for you and Jason to have a night out and there's no doubt that she's in great hands ;)))) I know it's hard but you'll be doing yourselves and her a favor by entrusting her care into anothers capable hands. xoxo

Amy said...

Enjoy Juliet!

brent H said...

So Darn Cute!!!!!