Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fun at camp

Adam's Camp has come and gone and initially I thought that they may teach Lu how to sit unassisted or how to reach and grab for toys but then I realized that she will do it when she is ready.  As my friend Laura texted me, "She is strong spirited just like her mommy.  If she wants to she will!"   I can't argue with that- I suppose I can be strong willed and spirited...    I also realized that therapies, and camps, and things of that nature are not always about achieving a 'milestone'.  They can just be about making new friends, learning something about yourself-such as Lucia loving the electric keyboard, or just having fun!  Although we continue to work on her sitting,  it was a great experience, I am glad that we did it, every little bit helps AND it was FUN!    The last day, the therapists put together an evaluation, summary of Lucia's Adam's Camp week and the slides are below. I love it.
















Thank you Adams Camp for this opportunity, we look forward to going back to camp again!

This post is dedicated to two very special furry friends.   Last week, Mario said good-bye to his almost 16 year old, miniature poodle, Toby.  And Ken Flemming said goodbye to his sweet girl, a black lab, called Chicken.  We know how special dogs are and how truly special they were to you.

Thank you Lori Allman Williams for buying a Lucia Light shirt! Thank you dogs for being 'man's best friend'.  And Lucia, way to be strong, and use your endurance at Adam's Camp- we are SOOOOOOOOOO proud of you and love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

2 comments:

courtney said...

WOW!Lucia, they kept you busy!!! loved seeing you in action on the slides, good work mom and lucia for attending Adams Camp!!! :) xoxo

Gretchen said...

What a fantastic camp! Those slides are awesome.... WAY TO GO!