Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day

one proud daddy


Happy Fathers Day to all the Daddy's in the world!  I love you dad, my pa, my daddy Butch!   And Happy Fathers Day to my husband, the father of our child.  Lucia is the luckiest girl in the world to have you as her daddy.

from Lu to her daddy

dear daddy,


you've shown me the depths of your love since the day i was born
you've held my hands through all the sunshine and storms
each day i feel your love grow for me, your baby girl
i feel it so strongly, you are my shelter, i am your pearl
i was born with some challenges, maybe not what you planned
but you've shown me that doesn't matter, you'd carry me through water to let me experience ALL of God's land
thank you for helping me be the best i can be
but just know that  i am the happiest in your arms, you and me
i now have a little different hand than i did before
thanks to you i can better use it, each day a little more
and because my little hand won't really be back
i wanted you to remember it, my handprint, on a special shiny plaque


i love you so much daddy, 
your baby girl, lu


1 comment:

BrookeT said...

THIS JUST MADE ME CRY!!!..SO BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN!!!!