Sunday, August 12, 2012

sometimes..

lubird in a red saucer at the Central Park playground


Today at church, I looked over at Jason, while he was tenderly holding Lucia, and saw a few tears roll down his cheek and so then, just because,  a few rolled down mine...I saw him hold his girl and feel happy but sometimes it just happens and it just hurts.  You're so happy because she's so beautiful but hurts because she's so weak.  She's getting so big and growing up,  but yet still seems like a baby.  Later, I asked him what he was thinking about when he got sad holding Lu and he responded, "I wasn't sad, sometimes I just look at her and I like to cry".  We laughed when he said that because it's so true. It's not that there has to be a sad moment or anything, we just love this little human and she relies on us completely, and tears, they sometimes just come.  It's not a bad thing, it's just a thing that may happen when you have someone like a girl named Lu in your life.    Oh this girl named Lu! Lu, Lu, Lu...you have us wrapped little Lu.  We adore you more and more every single day.  Here are some of the latest happening's of Little Lu with an assortment of pics from the week in review!






We are so grateful to God for every single smile and beautiful little giggle, and smiles and giggles continue to be more abundant than they were the past few months..let's keep that up!

Playtime with PUMPKIN!
Mandy Lester, Speech Therapist, working with Lu and a lollipop!

At her pediatric check-up.  "Lucia may be consuming more bottle than recommended"..a little high on the charts..22.4 oz OUR little pumpkin!


A cool new chair, called "my little seat"...i think this might be GRAND!

daddy and Lubird at church
A great visit with my parents, a fun weekend with friends, and always a beautiful day with my littlest best friend, my daughter, Lucia Elizabeth.  Smiles, giggles, and sometimes even some tears.  No doubt every day with Lu is special and bright..and sometimes those few tears seem to just clean out the cobwebs to make for an even brighter day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Juliet. I love the picture of little Lu with the pumpkin smeared all over her high chair! This year, she'll be able to be one of my taste testers and sample my chocolate pumpkin bread attempts! (With extra chocolate chips for her mommy, of course:) Love, Taryn

Anonymous said...

A post like this brings tears to my eyes and the biggest smile to my face at the same time. This post reminds me of what I already know. You and Jason are the most loving parents! The pictures of Lucia smiling always melt my heart. Love her! Ashley Hunt