Wednesday, August 29, 2012

beautiful birds



Sometimes the birds just appear.  We're back in Denver, after a great trip in Ohio, and Little Lu and I decided it was a great day to hit the mall. The Denver forecast was mid 90's, perfect temp to seek AC indoors, I wanted to buy a couple things-one being a one piece swim suit-I'm a mom after all, and Lucia seems to enjoy the lights and scenery!   I haven't been a big fan of mall shopping for quite some years, but if Little Lu likes it, then we love it!

After walking about for about an hour, returning a purchase, and asking for a few silent auction items for the St. Lucia White Party.. we were about done.  By the end, we had received a donation from a generous manager at Michael Kors (thanks to my mom meeting her earlier in the month and sharing a bit about Lu and PKS), made a new friend who happens to live just a few blocks away from us, ran into an old friend from Adam's camp, bought Lu a new perfect pair of cute Gymboree jeans adorned with colorful birds, and received an auction donation from Nordstrom,   No suit for me but overall a successful trip to zee mall.

As we were about to leave,  I decided to sit on a bench by the elevator of the store.  Lu needed some mama loving and mama needed some Lu love.  I lifted her out of the Bob, she sat on my lap for a bit, then I laid her out on the big bench and we just enjoyed each other.  Lu locked eyes with me for the longest time, I tickled her and she giggled!!! She smiled at me and she brought joyful tears to my eyes and huge smiles to my face..she's so good at both of those things!  We sat on that bench for close to an hour, just she and me, and happier, we could not be.  She looked so sweet lying on that bench that I wanted to snap a pic.  As I stood up and looked at Lu, my eyes were immediately drawn up.  Above us were four beautiful black and white large paintings..of birds.  It was our spot, to just be together, in a mall, or anywhere in the world.   It was a beautiful moment with my Lubird amongst the birds randomly hanging in a store, where we just happened to sit.  So simple, so fabulous, so sweet...Tweet Tweet!!!!

Thanks Lubird for a fun day...Thanks mom and dad for a GREAT visit.  Thank you second cousin, Corey Hicks, for your prayers every day for Lu, even though you just met her last Saturday.  Thank you all our family and friends for being, just, so, so loving and caring.  We are so blessed indeed!

One month from today is the Second Annual St. Lucia White Party for PKS! can't wait, lots to do, wooo whoo!

How beautiful are those paintings?! 
Lu and lots of visitors and lots of love=a lucky, lucky Lubird!

uncle Dennis

Karen Lamb and Lu-why so stressed little lu

Amy Montgomery Hootman with our daughters! emily and lu

Sue Shackleford

Alpacas! Coffee Pot Farm owner Kathee

Aw cousins why must I sit and smile?! Paloma and Elena

The Kirk Girls! Aunt Kathy, Elena and Paloma

Aunt Dawn and Big girl LU!

Cousin Mike, Cousin Ben and Uncle Fred

Ben's Ava watching Lu

Aunt Peggy, Uncle Dennis, Cousin Freddy and us


Grammy and Lu lovin

Hicks Family Reunion at Great Grandma Hicks' house recently renovated by Freddy Kinsey


No comments: