Sunday, September 2, 2012

Just One Touch

We have met some incredible families on our little journey of having a child diagnosed with Pallister-Killian Syndrome.  Brooke and Shaun Turner are one of those families.  Their daughter, Isabella was born in October of 2010, just 6 months before Lucia in Mobile, Alabama.  We've gotten to know each over the past year, first through facebook, then email and phone and thankfully at the PKS conference.  Brooke recently wrote and sang a song for her little girl and Jason and I think it's one of the most beautiful songs we've ever heard.  Here it is:


"This is a song I wrote the other day. I was inspired while thinking about my little girl and the struggles she faces, and the hurt I feel watching her struggle. I sometimes sing to her a song of healing to lift both our spirits. But this time, words come out that I had never heard. Words of healing, words of comfort, words I needed to hear. In that moment, I felt the presence of God. Just one touch from Jesus is all Isabella and I need."

http://youtu.be/zLy2f-9vmsM


We love you Brooke, Shaun and Isabella!  Thank you for sharing this amazing song and for sharing this journey with our little girls.

the Turner Family!


And Emilio Valazquez, father to our next door neighbor and friend,  Karen and grandfather to her children, Emilio and Mateo, may you rest in peace.  "Do not stand at my grave and weep". xo

No comments: