Monday, December 17, 2012

White Christmas

Little Lu has been busy celebrating the holidays.  We've been baking cookies with cousins,  attended a mother-daughter tea party, a Christmas caroling dinner, a PJ drive party (aka Project PJ started by Kim-so great) , Denver Zoo Lights, and tomorrow she will meet Santa at the Anchor center for the first time!  Saturday night she stayed in with her first paid babysitter, as Jason and I went to an adult party, and to no surprise-she got along great.
cookies with cousins
lu and dee dee-who gave her the piano!




sweet irma and dee dee at christmas caroling dinner

all dolled up 
tea party! (bad double-chin angle for lubird-sorry bird)
Tonight we decided to whip up some chocolate and sprinkles covered pretzels and little Lu sat pleasantly, as she almost always does, in her little chair amongst the festivities.   We gave her some chocolate sauce and decorated away for about an hour or so.   I loved looking over and seeing her sing her little songs, make her sweet and funny faces, and just be by my side, my little angelic bird.


I thought about making cookies for many years to come and imagined her sitting there, looking and acting just about the same.  Little Lu, our precious little Lu.  She's so crazy sweet and having her by my side, with her being...just her, makes me smile.
I think about all the sweet children from Newtown that will not be able to join in Christmas ever again, and as we all feel, there are no words, so awful.  I think what a horrible time, for that to happen-ever, anytime, but right before Christmas, to always be remembered the most then, ruining Christmas for so many families.  But then I thought, maybe with all the love and family and friends around the holidays, maybe it can help make things seem just a little less painful, around that time.
So especially thankful for our little girl.  I'm so thankful for little children everywhere that are innocent and sweet as chocolate covered Christmas treats.  Next year, we'll have another little one to join in on the spirit and blessing of Christmas, a little boy or girl to sit beside our Little Lu.
Snow is finally in the forecast, but snow or no snow, I pray it's a white Christmas, as pure and peaceful as it can be, for everyone.

Lucia next to our cactus Henry, our Christmas tree


No comments: