Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Toys!

testing out having a 'little sister' :) 
Every baby, child, adult and even animal likes toys, right? It's just a common fact of life, I would have always thought.  Well...when your child is considered legally blind, has other significant disabilities, doesn't like to really hold anything, and more...it might make you wonder if they like toys, or if they ever will.  I remember thinking, a few days before this past Christmas, as I had procrastinated my shopping until then,  that I wanted to get Lubird some gifts.  I got her a new pink coat, a cute knit hat, some fun socks and clothes and a rubber ball, a ball that was supposed to be easy for her to hold, if she decided to do so.  I also looked for a toy but didn't see anything that I thought she would like.    With a few tears in my eyes, I started to check-out and realized that she HAD to have a toy. She had never really showed much interest in toys (just her prize piano) so it wasn't high on the list, but it was my baby girl's second Christmas, and she needed a toy from Santa!  So, after some searching, I found a toy that was easy to see and touch, and would be easy to activate the noises and lights.  She doesn't really play with it, but I've had it out for the past 4 months, just in case she is ready to test it out.
This past week I decided to put that toy away...because there are other toys that she prefers instead!  In the past month or so, our lubird has some toys that she really enjoys! 
She loves her drums from our friend's the Greens.  She loves her bells from her grammy.  She loves her piano from her great aunt DeeDee. She likes her pink toy laptop from her nani and she's starting to like her miniature pony from her babo!  Our Lu has some favorite toys!  Our baby girl likes toys, more than ever. 

This past weekend she sat at the dinner table, in her special seat and played on her drums, for over an hour, 3 nights in a row!
Lubunny in her orange seat and drums!

Easter weekend she took a ride on her miniature pony and she even cracked a smile!

testing it out...
she likes it! 
Monday at the Anchor Center she sat in her orange chair during music class and pounded on her bells, highly impressing her music teacher, more than she ever has in the past year!

It makes us so happy to see her entertain herself and PLAY! 

Our Lu likes toys!  Watch her go after her drums in this video...



http://youtu.be/0M3eHAzPkAs

Yes, a dream and prayer answered.  TOYS!

Our thoughts continue to go out to the Zapata family..their little boy, Lincoln, is having a rough start, just almost 2 weeks into life.  www.littlebigmanlincoln.wordpress.com   Keep fighting Little Big Man!
Soon you will be home and will play with toys too!


No comments: