Sunday, April 28, 2013

Two!



Who turned 2 years old?! That's right, our Little Lu!  I returned home on Monday from my Mexico getaway and Lucia had been so well taken care of by her aunt Ashley and family...in fact, I'm sure the little bird enjoyed spending time with her cousins and extended family, rather than just her two furry siblings at home.  Jason thankfully had a successful surgery on Saturday-and was also well taken care of by Mario and Linda .  And although Lu came down with a little fever and sniffles on Saturday, all in all everyone did GREAT!   Thank you so much Ashley and Lee.  It was good for me to get away so that I know she WILL be OK without me or Jason able to be by her side...because we are so blessed to have such great family!



Then on Friday...Friday! our Lubird turned TWO years old!  Some days it seems like we've had our girl for years and other days it seems like -really, she is already 2!?   

We celebrated with a girls lunch out and then had a quiet dinner with just our little family at home.  Lubird had chocolate pudding with a candle, Jason and I opened up a special "L" bottle of wine we received as a gift just after Lucia was born from the Killea family.  We went back and forth telling Lu all our favorite things about her..we could have gone on and on...it was perfect. 


Saturday was the big BBQ birthday bash.  Hotdogs, cupcakes, juice boxes, adult beverages, some games and a perfect sunny day with family and friends.  When we all sang Happy Birthday to Lu she was so sweet.  A little grin and shy look on her face...so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes.  I'll try to upload the video.  







 Happy Birthday sweet Baby Bird.  Two years old and almost a big sister.  So in love with our girl named Lu.  Tweet tweet, she is SOOOO sweet!


our girl!






4 comments:

cayla said...

Happy Birthday Lucia!! You're so lucky to be part of such a fabulous family.

Devon said...

Happy Birthday Lu! I am so THRILLED to read how great things have been going- especially how awesome Lucia's party went! You both are such an inspiration, I know I will most likely tell you countless times, but you are. GOD BLESS YOU and thank you for helping me without even realizing.

A fellow PKS family: Colby, Devon, and our sweet angel Berkley

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to the next slumber party--with Lucia, uncle jas, "cousin ju ju" and baby xxxx all in attendance. Love Kayla and Tayor.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Little Lu! So glad to hear all is well with the Dawkins family. You have so much to be grateful for and remind the rest of us that we do, too. You're an inspiration to everyone. Your soon-to-arrive second daughter is so lucky to have great parents and a big sister who will help teach her the most important lessons of life. Wish I saw you more, Juliet, but know that I think of you often. Much love, Taryn