Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day Bugs

I wanted to write a little something about being a mom to my bird.  I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have my Lucia, who has made ME a MOM!  She doesn't judge, she doesn't complain, she just let's me love on her day in and day out and I have a feeling she will be that way for a long time.  I love my Lu so much.  Jason just chimed in and said he wanted to write a mothers day blog..so here you go daddy.  Thank you Lu for being YOU! 

There's something special about all mothers, but there's something very extra special about my wife. Juliet's ability to love, nurture (both Lu and I), and care for her family is astonishing.   When I first met Juliet,  it quickly became obvious that she is a strong, easy going, funny, and an always positive spirit willing stop for lost puppies, visit random retirement centers (our first Christmas together), volunteer at orphanages, and dig through the car for something to give the homeless guy on the corner.  After we got married, we would often talk about our purpose in life, and discuss different causes, charities, or organizations which we could or should involve ourselves with.  While we discussed such things, time would fly by, we would lose ourselves at work, and find ourselves having the same conversation a month or two later.   Then Lucia was born!  

Having witnessed Jule's courage, commitment to Lucia's health, physical therapies, occupation therapies, speech therapies, self educating herself on a whole host of medical issues she keeps neatly filed in a series of packed binders, her true LOVE for Lucia, her true concern for each of every PKS child and their families, it has become apparent to me that Juliet is doing exactly what God has intended her to do probably since the day Jules was born.   Just as Lu was sent here to teach us all about life and love, I believe Jules was born to do the very same.   Perhaps its every mother of special needs kids, I'm not sure, but I do know I live with an extraordinary woman who goes about everyday making life a bit better for everyone she happens to run into.  

Thank you my best friend and Lover for spending seemingly every waking moment caring for our Lucia.   You've given Lucia everything and more than our sweet angel could have every dreamt she would have received when she chose you to be her mother.   
 
We Love You,
Jason and Little Lu.

And tomorrow my mom is having a big surgery and I want to wish her good luck.  You'll do great, mom and happy mothers day to you too.  

No comments: