Tuesday, May 20, 2014

for as long as she may like

A few seconds here, a few minutes there...that is where we will start.  "May she come to enjoy the view so she may one day stand on her own for as long as she may like."  author-over the moon proud mom of one lubird elizabeth dawkins 

I love to put her knee socks on her beautiful feet and legs.  I love to place the softest feet in the world in the little molded orthodics.  I love to fasten the pink Velcro straps around her sweet calves.  I love to gently push her feet into the hilariously wide and short bright white shoes.  I love to work with her to sit up tall while on my legs.  I love to prompt her that we are going up to stand.  I love it when she pushes her feet to the ground.  I love to see her stand with just a bit of deep support around her wee bird waist.  I love my standing bird!  I love my standing bird!

With the support of new braces (just helping keep her feet flat and a little support around her calves) our Lucia is learning to stand.  Learning to stand.  She IS learning to stand.  Wow. Glorious.  Praise my God.  

It's not every time. It's not all day.  BUT, for a few times a day, for the past 10 days, our Lucia has shown us that she CAN and WILL stand up tall.  Sometimes Lucia will show us a trick and then choose to not show it again...for example, about a week before her 2nd birthday she sat pretty much unassisted on her own for 10 seconds and then a week later for 30 seconds.  Since then, not again.  Oh well...  So..when Miss Lubird stayed standing when her awesome physical therapist helped, I got crazy excited - yes, but wondered if it was just a one time deal.  Well..it does not appear to be a one time deal! Let's keep doing this Lucia! Stand my daughter and see the world on your own two feet!    

the first official stand with Grace


 "May she come to enjoy the view so she may one day stand on her own for as long as she may like." 
I love this beautiful, tall bird.  Oh, I love her and her little sister so.  



No comments: