Saturday, July 16, 2011

A spoonful of Sugar!


Late Wednesday night one of my dearest friends came to visit,  Anna Sugarman.  We met through a mutual friend and we were room mates when I lived in Manhattan Beach, CA-just outside of Los Angeles in 2006.  Anna is one of the most unique individuals I have ever known.  After living with Anna for just about 6 months with my dog Frieda, I mentioned to Anna that I felt a strong desire to go to Africa to volunteer.  Within seconds she offered to take care of Frieda and without that I could have never gone. She loved and cared for my furry child for 4 months.   When you meet Anna she seems almost too good to be true- beautiful on the outside and amazingly, just as beautiful on the inside.  Her positive outlook is an inspiration to me and not to my surprise, Little Lu immediately took to Anna, as does everyone whose life she touches.   On Thursday, Anna and Lu were hanging out and Lucia smiled not once, not twice but FIVE times-in less than an hour (the picture above is of Lu holding Anna's hands)!  Anna's been volunteering in Honduras and traveling for the last year and a half so I hadn't seen her since our wedding in Mexico last April.  She has been such a ray of sunshine to have around again.   Thank you Anna for being the special person you are and thank you for adding a GIANT spoonful of Sugar to Lucia's life this week.  It is obvious at just 3 months that Lucia loves you just as much as Jason and I do.  Lucia is definitely feeling the love all around her..

Thank you Rhoda for visiting last week and for the nice bottle of wine,  thank you Rosie for the sweet gifts, and Michael Dabbs for the generous donation to PKS.

Lots of smiles and love with extra sugar on top,
Juliet, Jason, Lu and Frieda & Blue too!

2 comments:

Mollie A said...

What a great friend to have! Just wait until Lucia starts laughing. It will melt your heart and make your day! :), Mollie

Anna said...

To be part of your lives is a huge blessing... Thank you for welcoming me 'home' - every single moment was a joy!! And after meeting Lucia, I definitely believe in 'love at first sight!'