Monday, February 6, 2012

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

here i am in my first big snow outting.   its cold and i want my paci back, not to mention i look like a lavender marshmellow! 

hi everyone, little lu here.  I just wanted to let you know that i passed my hearing test last week!!!!!  I don't always react to noises so my mommy and daddy weren't sure how i'd do.  I do jump when our doggies bark and when my mommy or daddy talks sometimes but i'm not too interested in noises at this very moment.  its a lot to turn my head and all.  anyway, i passed the test and they'll continue to check my little ears as i grow to be sure they are still good.  many of my friends in the pks world wear hearing aids- actually, my friend lizzie is getting some neon purple aides tomorrow-that'll be cool.  lizzie, can't wait to hear what the boys think.
in other news, my friend shelby holmes in illinois passed her swallow study!  her mommy was soooooo excited for her to pass..she's been eating through a tube for the past year or so.  we are so happy for you shelbs!  ill share some food with you someday..i just need some more time.
shelby holmes - 3 years old
then there is little sarah paton in australia.  she is so cute and sweet and she just found out that she will need to have surgery so she can try to walk someday.  she just went through some tough times dealing with those awful seizures so this was not good news.  it makes our parents so sad what we have to go through but we'll be ok, it's just hard for them.
sarah paton-age 6
on friday night my mommy and daddy and auntie lala and uncle adam are going to a fun fundraiser at my soon to be new school, - some chocolate and wine event at the anchor center.  they want to check it out before i go, and they seem to really like that chocolate and wine stuff.

one more thing.  I made a new friend this week from mobile, alabama.  her name is isabella turner and she's so cute.  she is 15 months old- she can push and jump with her legs but her trunk is not so strong so she's still working on all that sitting business like me and a few other things.. patience mom and dad patience..
the turner family!
thanks aunt anna and uncle philpot for my fun valentines package and thanks sunshine green for all the cute clothes.  oh and tallie barrett- i can't wait to use that water vest in mexico in a couple weeks.   and shaw richter, how are you?

tweet tweet
love, little lu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should ask, my little Lucious Lu... Today is my first birthday! Mommy and Daddy are beaming with pride. They threw me a little party this weekend with all those special ladies that took such good care of me in the hospital. (I have more 'aunts' than I can keep up with! So much love). Congrats on your hearing tests!!! I'll be whispering sweet nothing's to you soon enough! Counting down the days until I see you this summer. - Shaw Richter

Laura said...

Little Lu you have such precious friends. By loving you I get to love them too!

BrookeT said...

We are oh so happy to have finally got to talk to ya'll...We feel very blessed to meet a family that is such an inspiration to the PKS organization! Lucia, you are a beautiful little girl! And I can tell you are just as beautiful on the inside too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the A+ score on your hearing test, Lu! Your mommy is adorable:) Love, Taryn