Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lu Inspired!

Rainbow Bright
When Jason and I were expecting we chose NOT to find out if we were having a boy or girl.  He wanted a boy and I wanted a girl-at the beginning.  When it was time, all we wanted was a healthy baby.  I was thrilled and didn't even believe it when the doctor said-'It's a Girl!"  I really didn't believe it.  A dream come true!  Pink Ribbons, tutu's, colorful and unmatching patterned outfits, purple tights, braids, floppy big hats, a new best friend, ruffly long dresses-day and night, so fun!  Growing up with four brothers, I always longed for a sister to dress up, share clothes and lip gloss but hey- I got four awesome, a bit smelly at times, funny and loving brothers.
Since little Lu has come into our lives I have gotten inspiration for so many things.  I stop to smell the roses more than I ever have, I let time go by just holding Lu because I know that is what is important at this moment,  right here and now.  I don't know what the future holds, for Lu, myself or Jason, so why rush off to do things that don't really matter... when you have ALL you need, right in your arms.
Now that Lucia is almost 4 months old, I have grown to be inspired by her wardrobe too!  My usual outfit consists of mostly three different colors- black, gray, white - with an accessory or two to add a little excitement...but still not very colorful.   Jason used to comment after I decided against a colorful outfit-  'it was too fun".  He was probably right...'too much fun'.  NOW I have been inspired by Little Lu once again.  I have purchased a few items that I call my  'Lu Inspired Line'.  A flowered skirt, a colorful patchwork top, even floral and pink framed sunglasses and now pink shoes!  I dress up Little Lu in the clothes she has been gifted and they are SO FUN and I want to be like Lu!
I feel like I have loved like I never knew, have cried like I never knew, have learned more than I ever knew, have bonded with friends, family and my husband like I never knew, and Little Lu it has only been a few months!  And now I love to add some color to myself because I want to be like Little Lu- I never knew!  Lu you are my inspiration!
My new pink shoes from the "Lu Inspired Line"
Thank you Kristi, Scott, Kate and Erin Braskett for the care package- what a beautiful sweater, great music, and those Ohio buckeyes (chocolate and peanut butter candy)-mmm i think i may have to go grab another one now.  Thank you Nonnie (Jason's mom) for the comfy sleepsack-Lu is soundly asleep in it right now, and thank you for the 'family' bracelet-representing Jason, Lucia and me and even the two dogs-its so beautiful and I wear it every day!  Babo and Nonnie, we also hope you're having a great time in Alaska-we miss you!
Thank you Laura and Adam and Keri for going to church with us on Sunday-loved having you there!  AND tomorrow, I'm heading to the airport (in my new shoes) to pick up my mom for a 10 day stay!
Lu can't wait to see you grammy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's such a little fashionista.
I Love it!

Anna said...

Inspiring glamour et d'amour worldwide!!

Keri said...

I love holding sweet Lu...she inspired me on Sunday as do you with your beautiful blog and strong soul. Keri