Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunny days and Seven


I can't believe it's already mid August and my plans of frequenting the pool this summer have not happened frequently.  But, we did go today and had such a nice time.  We met my sister in law, Kim, and her 3 kids-Hudson, Marco and Charley, and my friend Traci Green and her 4 kids- Logan, Croix, Seven and Sunshine.  Lots of great kiddos!  Lucia and I got in the water for a bit and then we found a nice spot under a tree-cool and shady.  She was soooo exceptionally cute while we were there and the kids, aged 1-13 all came over to visit Little Lu at one time or another.  With her g tube showing and oxygen in nose I sometimes think that has to be scary for little kids to see.  All were so sweet.  Lu's 1 year old cousin Charley even helped Lu keep her pacifier in her mouth-so cute.   After the kids left, I got a text message from Traci.  It said,

          'Hey Jules! So we were leaving the pool and Seven (her 4 year old son) says to me 
          "Mommy you know aunt Ju Ju's baby? And i said yes and he says "her and Sunshine (her 1  year old daughter) should be friends.  That would be good."  
         Made me smile, had to share xoxo'  

That was such a nice text to read.   I know Lu will have friends like Sunshine and her two girl cousins, Charley and Kalya, looking out for her.  Thanks Seven, for reminding me of such a simple and beautiful thing- Lucia's friends!!!

Taken by Traci Green, 'Beautiful Lu"

Cousin Hudson and Lu having a moment

2 comments:

Andrew Hicks said...

Lucia looked great yesterday! When I was holding her hand she was looking directly at me AND when the dog barked she jumped awake! Yay Lu with her eyes and hearing looking sharp!

Traci Green said...

We had such a great day with you and Lucia at the pool! I love how sweet the kids all are together and like you said, the simplicity in which they see life. It is such a beautiful lesson for us all. I can't wait for all the memories and friendships they will make. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family with us. xoxoTraci