Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tracking and Grandma Elly

Lucia woke up around 8AM this morning, in a very smiley mood!  Cuddles, hugs, kisses, diaper change and then the big decision of every day- what to wear, what to wear- and then we picked out the perfect outfit! A tiny dress, with a bright floral print caught our eye and we decided,  for some reason,  it was perfect for the day!  I had to send my mom the picture of the day with Lu in this dress.   I call this outfit the Grandma Elly dress because it's so similar to an outfit my Grandma Elly would wear when she was alive.  My mom's mom , Eleanor Marsh Kirk, was so full of life and I have no doubt that she loves loving and watching Little Lu from above.
After getting dressed, we had a 9AM in home appointment, and then at noon our once-a-week in home occupational therapy.  Lucia is tracking!  Tracking,  meaning she moves both eyes to follow something.  We have been working on this and our amazing therapist, Kristen Frank, held Lu today and moved Lu and her eyes kept on her, the therapist!  If the object doesn't move but she moves,  her eyes move.  Right now she's not quite ready for the object to move and still track.   Awesome Little Lu- sooooo proud of you!
Smiles, smiles and more smiles, tracking and pretty dresses...what more could happen?
Well, about 4PM I got a text message from my mom saying...
"Loves Lu's pic in Grandma Elly dress!  Happy Birthday Mom! She would have been 86 today...Sure miss her!"

I couldn't believe it when I read this.  I knew we picked out this dress for a reason.  I do not remember birthdays and had no clue it was my Grandma Elly's birthday when I put that dress on Lu.  That is the second time she has worn that dress since the day my mom gave it to me, 2 months ago...  Love you Grandma Elly.  So happy to have you as my Grandma and Little Lu can't wait to meet you in Heaven someday.

Night Night Grandma Elly, Happy Birthday to You!
Love,
Lu, her mommy and daddy

Grandma Elly and Grandpa Kork at a BBQ- Whoops, spilled a lil 

Happy B-day Great Grandma Elly!
Lucia's OT, Kristen Frank, tracking exercise and working!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Lu just put me in a very smilely mood, too! Thank you for brightening my day. - K

Adam Huff said...

Love the story, so great. I want to come by and see Lu this weekend. Adam

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story. Your updates make me smile every time I read them!
Amanda

David said...

Wait until you can make her giggle. That'll rock your world!

Anonymous said...

I loved holding Lucia on Sunday, loved the eye contact, and loved her smiles! Ashley Hunt