Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lucia Elizabeth meets Lucy & Elizabeth!

Lucia's doctor visits went very, very well last week.  We were soooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooo happy to hear that her heart and lungs are improving, that her apnea is mostly central not obstructed (therefore not needing any surgeries and it will hopefully improve with time), and her last visit on Friday- the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor agree- she is looking good!  After a week of stressful and very important doctor visits we were ready to have some fun and celebrate!  The timing couldn't have been better- my good friend, Lucy (the friend that made the amazing L ) flew in with her sweet daughter, Elizabeth, on Saturday and are here until Wednesday!  Yippee!!

Lucia loves Lucy, Elizabeth loves Lucia, Lucy loves Lucia,  and I love them all, its a circle of love!
Car rides, cuddle Lu time, cocktail time, chat time, camera time- amazing quality time!

Five and a half year old, Elizabeth,  has decided that Lucia is the 'cutest baby in the world' and takes lots of pictures.  Lucia has taken to Lucy and it's amazing to watch.  As I type,  Lucy is talking to Lu as Lu coo's back to her in pure contentment- the have a lot to catch up on.

Thank you Tom Quirk for the bronco's stuffed animal- I am not kidding, she smiled at it 3 times right away!  I've never met you Tom, but I like you already!  Thank you English family for the sweet treats from Graeters Ice Cream!  Thank you Lucy for your friendship and for coming out to meet, love and visit with Lu, with your sweet, sweet daughter, Elizabeth.  Thank you God, for the news this week, for my amazing friends, and for the prayers.  Jason and I feel very very, fortunate, to say the least.

We love you Little Lu!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Lucia was born thinking about all the different chapters that lie ahead. I feel like you just wrote an incredible one.
Little Lu little Lu so strong thru and thru.... We always knew :). Love Lisa p

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the most amazing circle of love! May this kind of medicine keep coming your way.Mommy, Jason and Little Lum you all inspire and amaze me as you keep getting stronger every day.

Love, Karen

Tom Quirk said...

I just wanted to make sure that Lucia learned her loyalty at an early age! Keep your eyes peeled there should be another item coming as well....