Thursday, October 6, 2011

Walk in the Light

Our trip to my parents house ended today.  I love the safe feeling of being at 'home' ...parents watching over you, all sleeping under the same roof, parents loving on your daughter and all their grandkids, home cooked meals, and so many memories...but as they say- all good things must come to an end (who are 'they' anyway?!).  Regardless, Lucia and I were excited to get home to my husband, her daddy, our dogs and our little house on Holly.

The airport didn't feel as smooth as it did on the way out..and mama, AKA me, almost had a meltdown.  I'm not one to get easily stressed or overwhelmed but then again, I haven't really had many reasons to be, but today it just seemed to add up.  Luggage weighed a whopping 5lbs over the limit, luggage was locked and the baggage guy made a fuss about it, rushing to security so I could start Lucia's feeding only to be stopped for while because they forgot to type 'infant' on my boarding pass...  Deep breaths, her feeding was only an hour late, lugging stroller, car seat, baby, oxygen and batteries, diaper bag, and some other schwag through the belt...and not to mention it was H-O-T in that Columbus airport.  I just had a rush of feelings-Lu was sleeping, but needed to eat, some of the people were nice and some just blah... my baby girl didn't look comfortable and she was in her car seat crowded by medical equipment..I just started thinking.. I hope this isn't the easiest its going to be for Lucia, and then I started thinking more and walking and deep breaths and thinking and walking...  I had about 30 minutes until take-off and decided that a glass of wine would be a good idea.  "Pinot Grigio on the fly please".  I sat down, feeling my eyes swell up with tears and then it happened..I looked at Little Lu.  She had woken up and was looking around with her big blue eyes that melt my soul.  Just when you think...you look at little Lu.  Thank you my little Lu-bird.  You swept in and picked me up once again!
The rest of the flight home wasn't bad and getting home to our family was great.  I started to tell Jase about my day and with that I started to get teary again.  It truly was not bad, not bad at all, many great moments, but we sometimes catch glimpses of what MAY be for our little girl and it hurts, we hurt for Lu.
About 5 minutes passed and our neighbors, Kelly and Karen came by with a little gift for Lucia.  I've lived next door to them since I bought the house in 1999 and they are a wonderful family-Karin, Kelly, and and their 2 boys, Emilio and Matteo.  Thank you neighbors for your very special gift and beautiful letter.  I needed a good cry and this did the trick- in a good way.
They gave Lucia a cd they made titled, Red Tail Chasing Hawks Songs for Lucia and here is part of their note, I hope you don't mind me sharing it... it's too beautiful to not.

Juliet, Jason and Lucia.....
The name Lucia means 'the light' and we have seen first hand how Lucia lights up a room and our hearts.  The Native Americans believe that all 'life' revolves around a universal sequence of rhythms and cycles-from the changing of the four season to the sun's rise at the beginning of each day to it's beautiful sunset marking day's end; and just as the sunlight warms and nurtures the earth, I have witnessed how Lucia's 'light' warms and brightens your world.  Juliet and Jason, your lives have changed and now revolve around little Lu just as the universe revolves around the sun.  
Please accept our gift of the native American music (music that reflects life and love at it's most basic level-nature's music).
.....
"Learn and Listen
Hear what you are missing
can you hear the whispers in the wind, a rain drop fall, the love in someones eyes or the love in a mother's tears."  The Raven
May you walk in the Light,
Always,
Karin, Kelly, Emilio & Mateo
Thank you Casias Family.  This is a perfect gift from your family to ours.  Thank you also for your generous donation to PKS Kids.  I know it was in God's plan to have us beside each other in the universe.
May we all walk in the Light.

2 comments:

courtney said...

ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU GUYS! WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO GIVE YOU A GREAT BIG HUG! LOVE YOU! COURT

Anonymous said...

Juliet - Your posts never fail to make me cry. The good times and the tough ones; they all make up motherhood. You always choose to focus on the positive and it's remarkable. I don't even know how you keep it together with all you have to do, so allow yourself those cries every once in a while, sister! (I'm pretty sure I have cried every single time I've flown with my kids:) The locked car story is priceless! Lucia will love to hear it when she's older. Thinking of you and so glad you got good news from the doctor this week. Love, Taryn