Monday, October 3, 2011

Family and an upcoming... St. Lucia party!!

precious little lu-bird 
I usually like to blog after I put little lu down in her crib at night.  Since we've been away, 1 week, she has slept in bed with me and she loves to stay up late-like 1AM!  She doesn't fuss or need to be held but how can you go to sleep with a little Lu bird sitting pretty next to you?  I just want to look into her eyes, hold her hands, read her favorite book-squishy turtle and friends, and love and kiss on her...choosing the dog feels so good!  So, needless to say, blogging has not been happening much!  But we have a LOT to be thankful for and a very special upcoming party that I wanted to share.

Phillip and Anna had a beautiful wedding and Lucia got to meet so many friends and family in her pretty little fancy dress.   It was a beautiful wedding and weekend.  My brother's friend Andy, introduced us to a friend, and after talking with her we learned that is a therapist for a little girl who has PKS!  Craz-EE-this is more than a coincidence..  She could not disclose too much because of her work relationship, but the little girl is in a foster home, is 4 years old and can walk and even talk a bit!  I am trying to get more information on this little angel and will share more when we know more...
Now we are having some good ole family time at home, in New Philadelphia.  Still oxygen free during the day and have even gone a night without!  Although we have no plans of moving from Denver, this sure makes traveling to lower altitudes MUCH more appealing!   As soon as we start buying lottery tickets and win we will most definitely buy a private jet for little lu. 

Next Saturday, October 15th, our special friends are hosting a very, very, very special party in Lu's honor.  The St. Lucia White Party honoring Lucia Dawkins benefiting PKS Kids!  There are still some tickets available and it is going to be a wonderful night.  If you would like to join us, please please do.  The benefit is at an art gallery on Santa Fe Ave, in Denver (which by the way-Lucia's GI doctor and his wife own-and the girls did not know this until Dr. Rosensweig bought his tickets!!!!!!!-Craze-EEE again)!!!  Raffle tickets to all that attend, incredible silent auction items, food, friends and lots of fun all for a truly amazing organization, PKS Kids.  We are so grateful to our friends-they have put so much love and time into this event.  THANK YOU Elyse, Greta, Kim, Laura and Megan.  

If you would like to purchase tickets and/or learn more about the St. Lucia White (all white attire) please visit www.stluciaparty.myevent.com.  Lucia Light -white t-shirts will be on sale too :) ... Tickets sales may close this Thursday, October 6th.  

good night little lu sleeping pretty next to me, in my bed since i was a little girl.  I have thought about this moment of sharing my bed with my child and here it is...here you are...i must go cuddle up next to you now.  I love you lu and we love you daddy and doggies in Denver.   night night, sleep tight
Me, Lucia, and family-Joey, Kim, Jon and Courtney

first family formal affair! i think lu's hat might be a bit tight. 
one of my most favorite pics- my dad and little lu..

1 comment:

Mollie A said...

I love her little feet. Your post makes me want to snuggle with my little ones. :)